Today we are going to talk about networking.
Like it or not, networking is a key part of business, including online business.
I know people that spend over $100k per year just on this.
So here are some tips on how to network like a superstar.
1) Read the book “how to make friends and influence people” then read it again.
2) Go to seminars and events in your industry. This is a great way to meet tons of people in a short period of time… and, you know that they all have loads in common with you, so conversation should flow easier than normal.
3) Become a speaker. This is a tricky one, and takes balls of steel, but I have tried it, and people will flock to you afterwards. Also, it puts you in an instant position of power. I was speaking to people who had $10 million+ businesses, yet I was perceived as the expert, solely because I was on stage.
4) The real networking happens at the bar. It is amazing how many business deals and partnerships get done at the bar. It looks like my teenage years may not have been a waste afterall Hit the bar at events, and buy drinks for the people who you wish to network with.
5) Follow-up on all business cards you get. This is a cool tip. When you get people’s business cards, get in the routine of going through them one by one once you return home, and send them a personal email.
I stress the word “personal”.
Fill it with private jokes you told at the bar with them, how much you enjoyed meeting them, how you would like to keep in touch, possible future ventures you can do together.
The goal is to turn casual encounters into lifetime friendships.
So remember, it is not what you know, it is not who you know, it is who knows YOU.
Go get networking.
PS: If you would like to network with me personally… signup to today, and for the next few days, you can checkout the site in FULL for jut $1 (normally $47)
PPS: Seriously, I said $1, that wasn’t a typo. Hurry http://www.buzzprofits.com/sofa.html
| tag this | digg this | trackback | comment RSS feed
Subscribe to my FEED or forever hold your peace